Achievers University, Owo was approved and licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2007. It commenced academic activities on 2nd April, 2008. The University, which is situated in a serene and conducive environment, has matriculated 15 sets of students and graduated 11 sets of ‘Achievers’ who are making their marks in all spheres of human endeavours.
Achievers University is fully residential, offering security-conscious accommodation for all students on campus, with a full complement of facilities for comfort and learning.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the 16th set of undergraduates in the following programmes:
COLLEGE OF BASIC HEALTH SCIENCES (COBHS)
B.Sc. Human Anatomy
B.Sc. Human Physiology
B.Sc. Public Health
B.MLS Medical Laboratory Science
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (COET)
B.Eng. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Eng. Computer Engineering
B.Eng. Telecommunications Engineering
B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
COLLEGEOF LAW (COL)
LL.B. – Bachelor of Laws
D. COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (CONAS)
B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
B.Sc. Computer Science
B.Sc. Plant Science & Biotechnology
E. COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COSMAS) i. B.Sc. Accounting ii. B.Sc. Business Administration iii. B.Sc. Economics iv. B.Sc. Political Science v. B.Sc. International Relations (including a three-month French Language Immersion Programme) vi. B.Sc. Public Administration
vii. B.Sc. Sociology
viii. B.Sc. Criminology & Security Studies
The Governing Council of the University has approved the following scholarship schemes:
A. Full Tuition Scholarship for UTME and Direct Entry candidates for the first three or two academic sessions in the following programmes:
- Accounting 7. Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Business Administration 8. Industrial Chemistry
- Economics 9. Biochemistry
- Political Science 10. Geology
- Public Administration 11. Human Anatomy
- Sociology 12. Human Physiology
B. 50% Tuition Scholarship for UTME and Direct Entry candidates in all the Engineering courses for five or four academic sessions.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
A. UTME CANDIDATES
(i.) Candidates are required to have sat for the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with a minimum score as approved by JAMB.
(ii.) Applicants must also obtain a minimum of five credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC (SSCE)/ NECO (SSCE) or NABTEB. These should include English Language, Mathematics and any three other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
B. DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
(i.) DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES INTO 200 LEVEL
As for A (ii.) above, but with 2 passes at either A Level, IJMB or JUPEB examinations. Holders of ND, NCE, or ATS results in relevant disciplines are eligible for admission. Candidates are also expected to have purchased the Direct Entry form of JAMB for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) candidates shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, hold at least two A Level passes in Biology/Zoology and any one of Chemistry or Physics; Medical Laboratory Technician Diploma of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN); B.Sc. degree (with at least Second Class Lower) in any of the Biological Sciences.
- Candidates applying for any of the Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) programmes, shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, hold at least two A Level passes, including Mathematics and Physics; OR National Diploma (Upper Credit) in Engineering.
- LL.B., candidates shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, have obtained two papers at Principal or Advanced level in HSC, GCE, IJMB or JUPEB; OR an acceptable bachelor’s degree. A minimum of WAEC/NECO SSCE/GCE O Level credit pass in Literature in English is mandatory for all intending candidates.
(ii.) DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES INTO 300 LEVEL
Candidates should be holders of HND in their respective fields of study. HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics is acceptable for B.Sc. Computer Science. HND in Computer Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering is acceptable for B.Eng. Electrical and Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
Holders of professional certificates such as ACA, ACIB, ACIS, ACIN and ACIT are eligible for admission into Accounting and Business Administration.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who did not choose Achievers University in the JAMB UTME and Direct Entry forms can process admissions by:
- Visiting http:// apply.achievers.edu.ng to apply online
- Obtaining the forms at Achievers University, Owo or any of the screening centres.
Candidates who have chosen Achievers University in the JAMB UTME application are to pay a screening fee of N2,000 while those who did not would pay N10,000 application fee to Stanbic IBTC Bank Account No. 0044498901.
Screening of applicants shall hold at the following designated centres on Saturday, 10th September, 2022 at 10:00am.
OWO: Achievers University, Owo, Km 1, Idasen-Ute Road, Owo, Ondo State.
Contacts: Alaba – 0803-706-2508, Tunde-0803-222-9522.
IBADAN: Achievers High School, Km 2, Off Arulogun Road, Ojo, Ibadan, Oyo State
Contacts: Gbenga – 0813-459-1733, Julius – 0806-878-6225, Dokun – 0803-220-0325
ADO-EKITI: Tinuola Maximum Schools & International College, Ekiti Housing Estate, Opposite Federal Housing (Oke-Ila), Afao Road, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Contacts: Olukayode – 0806-248-4836, Kayode – 0814-111-8724
ABUJA: Plot C. 39 Cadastral Zone B. 12, Sector Centre C, Yellow Building Behind Oando Filling Station, Opposite Prince & Princess Estate, Kaura, Abuja.
Contacts: Innocent – 0810-706-7779, Ayo – 0816-357-7472, Emilia – 0806-555-9489
LAGOS: Krisbethel College, B.O. 2-6, Federal Housing Estate, Off Akinogun Bus Stop, Ipaja, Lagos
Contacts: Bayo: 0803-343-2195, Bunmi – 0703-847-7064, Tope: 0806-586-7758
For further enquiries, visit www.achievers.edu.ng, or call:
Adebayo: 0803-343-2195, Alaba: 0803-706-2508, Oluchi: 0803-936-6046 or Tunde: 0803-222-9522
Rev. Canon S. B. Oladimeji