This is to inform the general public, particularly the 2021/2022 graduands of Achievers University, that the “Release of the Achievers Batch XII” will take place at the 12th Convocation/15th Year Foundation Ceremonies of the University holding between Monday, 5th December and Friday, 16th December, 2022.
Apart from admission of graduating students to first and postgraduate degrees, as well as presentation of prizes to deserving students on Saturday, 10th December, 2022, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, Hon. Minister of Communications and Digital Economy,will deliver the 12th Convocation Lecture titled “Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship as a Panacea to Unemployment” on Friday, 9th December, 2022
Also, honorary doctoral degrees will be conferred on these three distinguished personalities:
- His Imperial Majesty Oba (Dr.) Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye III Olowo of Owo Kingdom
- Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) Hon. Minister of Communications and Digital Economy
- Hon. Justice Isa Ayo Salami, CFR, OFR President, Federal Court of Appeal of Nigeria
The detailed programme is as indicated below:
Day 1: Monday, 5th Dec, 2022
- Event 1 (11.00 AM) Press briefing by VC, Prof. S. O. Aje Venue: Senate Chamber
- Event 2 (1.00 PM) Commissioning of Students’ Centre Venue: Students’ Centre
DAY 2: Tuesday, 6th Dec, 2022
- Event 3 (3.00 PM) Exhibitions and Unveiling of Documentary of “Achievers @ 15” Venue: University Auditorium
DAY 3: Wednesday, 7th Dec, 2022
- Event 4 (11.00 AM) Convocation Inter-University Games Venue: Sports Complex
- Event 5 (2.00 PM) First Induction Ceremony of Graduate Engineers Venue: University Auditorium
- Event 6 (5.00 PM) Convocation Drama Venue: University Auditorium
DAY 4: Thursday, 8thDec., 2022
- Event 7 (11.00 AM) 12th Induction/Oath-taking Ceremony of Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists 2021/2022 Session Venue: University Auditorium
- Event 8 (4.00 PM) Novelty Football Match (Pro-Chancellor’s Team Vs VC’s Team) Venue: Sports Complex
DAY 5: Friday, 9thDec, 2022
- Event 9 (11.00 AM) 3rd Induction of Graduate Nurses 2021/2022 Session Venue: University Auditorium
- Event 10 (2.00 PM) Muslim Thanksgiving Service Venue: Central Mosque, Owo
- Event 11 (3.00 PM) Convocation Lecture by Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) Hon. Minister of Communications and Digital Economy Venue: University Auditorium
- Event 12 (7.00 PM) Banquet/Dinner VC’s Quadrangle
DAY 6: Saturday, 10thDec, 2022
- Event 13 (9.00 AM) Commissioning of Projects:
- New Auditorium
- CBT Centre
- College of Social & Management Sciences
- New Hostel
- Venue: Project Sites
- Event 14 (11.00 AM) Convocation:
- Award of Degrees/Prizes
- Award of Honorary Degrees
- Venue: University Auditorium
DAY 7: Sunday, 11thDec, 2022
- Event 15 (10.00 AM) Thanksgiving Service Venue: St. Andrews Church, Owo
DAY 8: Friday, 16thDec, 2022
- Event 16 (2.00 PM) Christmas Carol Venue: University Auditorium
SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOUR: Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN Executive Governor of Ondo State
ROYAL FATHER OF THE DAY: His Imperial Majesty Oba (Dr.) AjibadeGbadegesin Ogunoye III Olowo of Owo Kingdom
INFORMATION FOR GRADUANDS
- All the 2021/2022 graduating students are advised to check their names on the list of graduands displayed on the University website: www.achievers.edu.ng.
- Convocation fee of N50,000 should be paid into the University account at Stanbic IBTC A/C No 0044498901.
- All graduands are to report on campus on Friday, 9th December, 2022 to attend the Convocation Lecture, which commences at 3.00 pm and participate fully in a dress rehearsal of the graduands’ procession at 5.00 pm. Graduands who fail to attend the rehearsal and the Convocation Lecture will not be allowed to participate in the procession on the Convocation Day.
- Please, note that it is compulsory for all graduands to attend the Convocation Lecture and the Convocation. However, those who may not be able to attend for any reason are expected to give the Registrar prior notice and obtain written permission from him. Graduands who participate in the Convocation Lecture, rehearsal and procession will collect their certificates immediately after the Convocation Ceremony. Those who fail to do so, apart from paying a collection fee of N10,000 as penalty, will only be issued their certificates six months after the Convocation Day.
- All graduands are expected to be at the venue of the Convocation Lecture and Convocation 30 minutes before the commencement of the events.
- All graduands are expected to dress formally, decently and corporately.
- Collection of academic outfits will commence on Wednesday, 7th December, 2022 at the University Registry on presentation of “Convocation Clearance”.
Rev. Canon S. B. Oladimeji