The aims and objectives of the degree programme in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer & Information Systems (CIS) are:
- To provide students a broad and balanced foundation in Mathematics Statistics and Computer & Information Systems knowledge and practical skills in mathematics, statistics and computer information systems respectively.
- To develop in Students, the ability to apply their Mathematics, Statistics and Computer and Information knowledge and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer and Information System respectively.
- To provide students with knowledge and skills base from which they can proceed further studies in specialize areas of Mathematics, Statistics and CIS or multi-disciplinary areas involving mathematics, Statistics and CIS.
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of mathematics, statistics and CIS in an industrial, economic, environmental and social context.
- To develop in students, through an education in Mathematics, Statistics and CIS, a range of transferable skills of values in Mathematics, Statistics and CIS related and non-related employment.
- To instill in students a sense of enthusiasm for mathematics, statistics and CIS an appreciation of its application in different areas and to involve them in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying.